Seth and Sara’s
The purpose of this campaign is to raise $5,000 for the development of a variety store selling clothing, furniture and baby product while showcasing the expected financials and operations over the next three years. Pickney, Inc. ( “Seth and Sara’s”) is a Ohio based corporation that will provide an extensive line of infant/baby apparel, furniture, and other accessories to customers in our targeted market.
Seth and Sara’s is founded by Seth and Sara. It will be stylishly simple with wonderful whimsical touches, this is an inviting shopping experience with real kid-appeal. It’s a place that fathers will drag mothers to, rather than the other way around. But mothers won’t mind at all. :D
Millions of children are born each year, meaning many parents are looking to purchase baby clothing, toys and other necessary items. Even when spending is down, one area where people cannot avoid putting out money is when it comes to their children, especially a new baby. Seth and Sara’s has the potential to fill that niche in our communities.
“Seth and Sara’s” will specialize in the retailing of baby oriented apparel, furniture, and accessories to the general public. “Seth and Sara’s” will make available a large line of baby clothes and footwear from a number of brand name suppliers. The concept will also carry a full line of products from varying baby furniture manufactures and well as carry their own brand. These products include changing tables, cribs, and special beds for young children. In addition to maintain a traditional retail store, we will also launch an e-commerce based website once retail operations have commenced. This will allow Pickney, Inc. to rapidly turnover its inventory on a month to month basis. In the third section of the this campaign I will further the services that will be offered by “Seth and Sara’s”.
Show you the money?
Seth and Sara’s is seeking to raise a total $5,000 from various sources; $5,000 using crowdfunding.
Seth and Sara’s mission is to provide customers with an expansive inventory of clothing, furniture, and accessories for all of their infant or baby’s needs as well as create an exchange program for gently used products.
Our Creative Team
Seth and Sara’s is founded by Seth and Sara Smith has more than 15 years of experience in the retail management industry. Through their expertise, they will be able to bring the operations of the business to profitability within three years of operation.
Registered Name and Corporate Structure
Pickney, Inc. DBA Seth and Sara’s is registered as a corporation in the State of Ohio.
Seth and Sara’s plans to manufacture, distribute and sell maternity wear. We will carry nationally and internationally independent designers. Today, pregnant women are all about celebrating their style and looking sexy. From high-end maternity designers like Liz Lange and A Pea in the Pod to mid-priced maternity wear newcomers The Gap and Old Navy, clothing designers are on to the potential of this growing market. With more than 4 million babies born annually, it’s easy to see why the maternity clothing market is buzzing Assuming the average expectant mother purchases only five new maternity garments while pregnant adds up to a whopping 20 million maternity garments sold each year in the Unites States alone.
Infant, Baby, Toddler and Growing Child Clothing
The primary segment Seth and Sara’s operations is the sale of clothing and footwear for children between days old and twenty four months. Seth and Sara’s will carry an expansive inventory of products from many brand name merchandisers as well as locally owned and independent designs. Recently, major branded label apparel manufacturers such as Nike, Reebok, Polo, J. Crew, and Anne Geddes have all launched lines specifically geared for toddlers and infants.In addition, we will focus our efforts on providing a space for smaller independent owners can showcase their talent. Seth and Sara is currently developing relationships with several wholesalers that we will use for infant/young child apparel and footwear product sourcing.
Furniture and Other Products
The secondary segment of the Seth and Sara’s operations is the sale of furniture for infants and toddlers. Much like apparel inventories, Baby Pickney, Inc. will stock a large selection of cribs, changing tables, dressers, and beds for children between newborns and toddlers. In addition to furniture, apparel, and footwear, we will also carry a line of diaper bags, strollers, and other items normally associated with managing the needs of young infants and toddlers. Seth and Sara is currently sourcing the wholesalers for these goods.
Trade (Buy Back)
Trade (Buy Back)- is program offered by Seth and Sara’s it provides our customers the opportunity to trade in any gently used clothing, cribs, car seats, bassinets, strollers, travel systems, play yards, high chairs, walkers, swings, bouncers, entertainers or toddler/twin beds in exchange for savings on any new item or cash back; we will buy yours even if you don’t buy ours.
The program serves to recycle gently used baby items still in circulation that have NOT been recalled and other concerns raised by older or used products. We will buy your baby stuff! We will also donate gently used items to underprivileged countries such as; Haiti, Jamaica, Grenada, Congo and more… Seth and Sara’s will also donate books, toys, clothes and other accessories to these countries on a monthly basis.
You can trade (or) sell any crib, car seat, bassinet, stroller, travel system, play yard, high chair, walker, swing, bouncer, entertainer or toddler/twin bed at Seth and Sara’s store from any location nationwide, regardless of whether you purchased the item from our store. You do not need a receipt to trade in a used item. We will have a custom shipping service to move items from one location to the next nationwide.
Best Beginning & Early Pregnancy Class
Individual and group services for pregnant teens and low income pregnant women. If you have just found out you are pregnant, this class will give you the information you need to help your baby get the best start possible.
Breastfeeding Classes for Expectant Parents
Facilitated by Midwives who have expertise in breast feeding, these classes offer breastfeeding support and information to expectant mothers and fathers/partners. Provides breastfeeding support to women experiencing problems with establishing and maintaining lactation.
Pre & postnatal Education Programs
Pre & postnatal education classes are offered for pregnant women, the father and support people. Learn more about pregnancy, labor and birth, nutrition, fetal development, maternal changes, pain management, breastfeeding, unexpected outcomes and baby care and the post postpartum period.
New Father (Daddy Dearest) Programs
In a supportive man to man format you will:
- Connect with fatherhood knowledge & tradition.
- Learn valuable parenting lessons from veteran dads (& sons).
- Understand more about the needs of new moms.
- Find creative solutions to unique problems facing new dads.
- Have the opportunity to say what is real for you.
Outlook; the future is bright for babies…
Currently, the economic market condition in the United States is the ending of a recession. This slowdown in the economy was also greatly impacted real estate sales, which halted to historical lows. Many economists expect that this recession ended in 2010, at which point the economy began a prolonged recovery period. However, retailers that cater to the needs of expectant families and families with infants and young children are relatively immune from deleterious changes in the general economy. This is simply due to the fact that mothers and expectant families will continue to require the products sold by these business, and as such, these companies enjoy a great deal of economic stability.
Industry ; the babies are the future…
In terms of children clothing sales (including those for infants and children under the age of one), this segment of the industry generates $19 billion dollars a year. There are 6,000 businesses that operate in the United States that supply clothing and accessories for infants and children under the age of 5. The growth of these businesses has mirrored the growth of the general economy. However, the number of businesses operating within this market has shrunk 10% as many stores have opted to sell their wares solely over the Internet. This trend is expected to continue. The business of baby oriented furniture selling is a large industry that generates in excess of $9.2 billion dollars per year. These receipts are generated among 700 businesses that operate a number of retail stores across the United States. The industry employs more than 30,000, and has grown at an average rate of 4.6% per year. This trend is expected to continue as the birth rate of the country remains stable. During the last five years, the number of companies entering the market has grown 8 percent, while gross revenues have increased in excess of 50%. This disproportionate rate of growth (discounting for inflation) leads Management to believe that the market for baby products is growing beyond the rate of supply.
The type of customer we are seeking to acquire. These traits include: Income size: Couples seeking to purchase items for their unborn and growing child, $20,000 and under. Couples seeking to exchange or trade in items that are gently used. Our customer base will comprise of the Hamilton Area with (3) three additional locations in the US, as well as remote online clients that would be able to access our products globally.
Seth and Sara’s intends to maintain an extensive marketing campaign that will ensure maximum visibility for the business in its targeted market. Below is an overview of the marketing strategies and objectives of the Company.
- Implement local, national and international campaign with Seth and Sara’s targeted market via the use of flyers, local newspaper advertisements, social media and word of mouth advertising.
- Develop an online presence by developing a website and placing the Company’s name and contact information with online directories.
- Affiliate and Commission-Based Showrooms. In this setup, we do not setup a traditional retailing operation, we setup a showrooms in different cities of items from an e-commerce web site that can be ordered online from a customer mobile phone or we can provide in-store tablets for them to order online. The business gets paid based on commission of the sale from the e-commerce operation as a lead referral. For example, we sign up Affiliates to Seth and Sara’s, pick a vertical category like baby furniture and clothing demos and we create a showroom for customers to checkout. Then we sit them down and put in an order or they can order themselves but we get commission from the sale. No sales tax, no inventory, just a showroom and collecting checks from commissions.
- Concept Store Model. By creating a store that focus on affiliate or commission programs partnering with an external e-commerce site, this gives Seth and Sara’s the freedom to try out concepts and perfect the technique to draw in more consumer traffic. We will create concept stores that showcase our theme with visuals and special effects as well as create a space for people to enjoy themselves at the establishment. The goal is to bring in traffic and have them browse and shop and order online within the store.
- Commission-Based. By being commission based, our affiliates get checks based on the orders they refer to the e-commerce operation. The e-commerce operation will work on notifying the customer, collecting payment and local taxes and drop-shipping the product to their home or to our client business under our brand and we will pay our affiliates for the sale they are processing.
- Provide Hospitality. In order to provide excellent service, we will create a showroom offering catered stuff like free coffee and chess as well as create interactive wall displays and lounge areas to relax and shop. We will provide free demonstrations of our products like baby gadgets, and play with an Android tablet or get reward card. The goal is provide a no stress try before you buy environment for our customers to feel at ease about products we are selling and trading, stress free.
- M-commerce. Customers can make orders on their mobile phone while they are looking at the time. The geo-location feature will be used where once our clients order on their mobile phone, the nearest showroom gets the commission. Our clients can come in with their mobile phone, place an order right then and there and leave knowing they like what they saw and probably don’t need to see a salesperson and affiliates still get the commission. In addition, our stores will provide tablets for clients to make an order online by themselves.
Seth and Sara intends on using a number of marketing strategies that will allow Seth and Sara’s to easily target expecting women and families within the target market. These strategies include traditional print advertisements and ads placed on search engines on the Internet. Below is a description of how the business intends to market its services to the general public. Seth and Sara’s , Inc. will also use an internet based strategy. This is very important as many people seeking local retailers, such as baby apparel and furniture stores, now use the Internet to conduct their preliminary searches. Seth and Sara will register the Company with online portals so that potential customers can easily reach the business. Seth and Sara’s will also develop its own online website which will showcase the Company’s location, its product lines, and e-commerce functionality so that customers can place orders directly over the internet. Seth and Sara’s will maintain a sizable amount of print and traditional advertising methods within local markets to promote the baby, infant, and young child oriented products that the Company is selling. Seth and Sara’s will also franchise duplicate this concept in several major cities to provide brand recognition to their target market.
- Clothing & Accessories
- Baby Cosmetics & Toiletries
- Maternity Wear
- Baby nursery decor
- Baby gear travel
- Nursing & Feeding
- Bath & Potty
- Health & Safety
- Toys & Learning
- Baby Gifts
- For Mom & Dad
- Toddlers & Kids
- Daycare & Hospitality
- Seasonal Clothing, Health & Play
Green Baby at Seth and Sara’s
Green living is not only fashionable, it’s also smart, and for nobody is this more true than for families with young infants.
Nobody is more sensitive to the harmful chemicals and toxins surrounding us in the modern world than young babies, and as awareness grows of the harm we are doing to our children with products we use around the house every day, green baby boutiques are growing in popularity around the country.
What Is a Green Baby at Seth and Sara’s ?
Seth and Sara’s will carry safe, eco-friendly clothing, bedding, furniture, toys, and other gear for young babies and toddlers. We will also carry clothing and products for pregnant and nursing mothers. In addition to shopping, Seth and Sara’s will provide education for families to help them make the safest and healthiest choices for their children as they grow.
Examples of the types of products that will be carried by us include:
- BPA-free baby bottles and pacifiers
- organic cotton bedding and clothing
- eco-friendly baby furniture
- cloth diapers
- non-toxic educational toys
- organic baby shampoos and bath products
- picture books with green themes
- books about green living and gentle baby care
- Pickney, Inc. DBA Seth and Sara’s will have an annual revenue growth rate of 6% per year.
- Seth and Sara’s will acquire $5,000 of investor- cooperative based funds to develop this business model.
In the event of an economic downturn, the business may have a decline in its revenues. However, the high gross margins generated by the business will ensure that the business will maintain profitability despite deleterious economic conditions. Additionally, infant/toddler/child apparel and related items are demanded by families regardless of negative economic climates, and as such, the business will be able to sustain any moderate decline in top line income.
Thank you very much for your support, from Seth and Sara and our village…
Let’s place ourselves in the position to create successful business models in our communities!